Welcome to my website. I teach and do research on English linguistics at the University of Genoa (Italy), where I am a member of staff at the Department of Modern Languages. My teaching/research interests include:
- synchronic and diachronic phonology and syntax of English,
- theories of language (Cognitive Linguistics, esp. Cognitive Grammar).
My research topics so far include (mainly in chronological order):
- cognitive theories of language,
- dative constructions,
- English “change constructions” (which include e.g. resultative constructions and at-constructions),
- the subordinator as,
- English adjectives vs. adverbs,
- VVing constructions.
NB. You can also download my publications from https://lingue.academia.edu/CristianoBroccias, but my website is more up-to-date and organized better.